Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mother's Day at Harper's Ferry WV

What I really wanted was a weekend away with the family. Harper's Ferry, historic town known for John Brown's anti-slavery uprising, sits among the hilltops looking over and at the Shenandoah river. The views and legacy make for an amazing time away from the present and the suburbs.
I wish we had been able to take pictures in the Wax Museum where realistic figures portray the events of Brown's times. It's a little eery, but the kids are old enough to understand it now, having studied the Civil War in school.


















Now I know Dive will say how he has buildings like these all over his town, and then I will say I am jealous because Harper's Ferry is a bit of a drive for us. But it was worth the drive.










No comments: