Sunday, September 2, 2007

Lake Brittle, Part II




The beauty of Lake Brittle, take two, this time on a longer hike with Hubby. We soon discovered that the trail does not go all the way around the lake. We made our way through webs and spiders that looked strong enough to eat us. Their webs caught us along the way, no normal webs, strong webs, the kind that feel like thin, nylon threads.


One of the first, cool days of the season, the kind of day that makes you high, breathing in fresh air instead of heat, spirited air, not the still air of late summer.


And a glorious day to fish.....everyone was out, though apparently, not many fish were caught by the reports. My husband says I am getting like his father, talking to everyone I run into....I love to ask, "Did you catch anything?" And a passer by with a German Shepherd..."Is your puppy friendly? Can I pet him?"
And I cannot seem to stop taking pictures. I am getting just like my mother. I wish I had taken a picture of the blond boy and girl searching for craw daddies, but I really never know how perfect strangers feel about that.
Soon, I might start hugging these strangers, the way my mother does. But that's what a cool day with flowers does to me. How I love the beauty of life!

9 comments:

singleton said...

Beautiful! And go ahead and hug strangers, that's what our Kimbies does.....All the time, and they hug her back and tell stories...and in the end they aren't strangers at all, but friends we've just missed meeting before!

Donetta said...

Thank your for the walk in the woods. I am refreshed by the beauty!

Katherine said...

S, that's a lovely thought...just friends we haven't met before.

D, glad you enjoyed it. Sometimes I feel really nature-deprived. Okay, actually I do a LOT of the time! LOL

Lucy Dee said...

Fabulous photos! You really feel as if you're there! I should know because not only am I a standup comedienne, I am also a photographer. Your photos make me want to get out of this concrete jungle.

If you're bored, I hope your get a chance to stop by my corner of the blogosphere. I'm always open to new blogger buddies leaving insightful comments.

Nice coming across your blog!

Katherine said...

Wow, Lucy...a funny photographer! That rocks! Will come on by, and thanks for stopping in.

Lucy Dee said...

Hey, Katherine!

I'm getting all your comments--and thank you!

But I wanted to email you some articles with regards to what you're commenting on...

you don't have an email address on your site... otherwise i wouldn't leave a comment....

PLEASE feel free to erase this once you've read it...-this message will self-destruct!

Katherine said...

Hey Lucy--

If you go to www.luxuriouschoices.net you will see the "contact us" link with email.

But if the articles are on links, it's better to just post the links here so everyone can read them and I don't have to deal with the email : )

patience of a saint said...

Wow Katherine, what stunning photos. You get so engrossed in your own life, you forget how beautiful the world is and how much there is still to see. Bit scared of the huge spiders you mentioned though.x x x x x x x

Katherine said...

So glad you enjoyed. I need to get out there once fall really starts and take some more pics of the local parks. It's one of my favorite things to do, and of course, it takes time! Can't do it in the hot weather here---just WAY to yucky.