Saturday, September 29, 2007

Diving into Fall

I got this "meme" from Dive over at Small Glass Planet and thought it would make a brilliant backdrop for the pics we took today in the park. It is finally fall here! I would have romped with the dog had it not been for this sinus infection I am fighting (yes....yet another one). But thank you, Dive...I now know what a meme is. It's a thing that's "all about me." Bloggers seem to be fond of them, as do some friends on email, so here goes. (BTW, if you visit Dive, bewares. He's raunchier than I am, AND he's British, which makes him automatically more talented at raunch.)

Hi, my name is Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt
Never in my life have I eaten tripe, sheep's eyes or tongue.
Never in my life have I been to any place outside of North America. Nor have I ever been to a vampire club. I always thought that would be an interesting kind of place to visit.
When I am nervous I say stupid things, stumble over my words, or crawl inside my head like a snail ducking for cover. Of course, sometimes I say stupid things when I am NOT nervous. And I often lose my words as well.
The last song I listened to was the theme from Scooby Doo.


If I were to get married right now, it would be to my husband. But we are already married. So I'm good.
My hair needs a coloring and maybe even a perm.

When I was four, I was younger than I am now. I was also smarter.

Last Christmas was a long time ago.
I should be smarter somehow.
When I look down I see a coffee stain on my t-shirt.
The happiest recent event was walking with hubby and doggy in the park today.
If I were a character in Friends, I would look fat next to them.
By this time next year, I will be a world famous blogger with millions of adoring fans and blocked pop-up ads.

My current distress is my stomach hurts from the antibiotics.

I have a hard time understanding math. Limitations. Supposedly intelligent people who are racist.

I want to buy time.

I plan on visiting my in-laws next weekend.

If I could spend the night at any house, it would be those castles in Scooby Doo episodes.
The world could do without hatred and stupidity. Violence. Petty people.

The most recent thing I bought myself is a dress (off ebay) and some prescriptions (not off ebay).

The most recent thing that someone else bought for me was groceries.
My middle name is Mercurio. It used to be Mary, but I changed it when I got married. I took my maiden name as my middle name.
In the morning I have to make sure the girls get ready for school. I need coffee. I like to write.
Last night I was sick.
There is this guy I know that needs his face slapped thoroughly.
If I was an animal, I would be a Canadian Goose.
A better name for me would be Wings.
Tomorrow, I will go to church. Don't I sound wholesome?
On Saturday mornings I like to write.
Tonight we will all be home together.

5 comments:

dive said...

Excellent answers, Katherine.
And what beautiful photos! Fall comes early to your part of the world. England doesn't get to look like that until November.
Not that I'm too jealous; it's still lovely and warm here.

Vampire clubs? Interesting!
Scooby Doo. Cool! Though staying in one of those castles would be frustrating if you had to get up in the night. You'd have to walk past the same piece of scenery a whole bunch of times before you got anywhere. I love that about those old cartoons.
I love the Friends comment, too. Hee hee.

Hope you kick the sinus infection soon.

Katherine said...

Yes, and if we had to learn to run with limited limb motions, I also don't think I would enjoy the expedition. So the visit would be sans repeated scenes and the masked monsters.

In 2005, My sister-in-law and I took the children to a definite Scooby Doo bed and breakfast. The occasion was a bit somber--we were having my younger daughter tested for developmental delays at John Hopkins (tests were negative, thank God). We needed an inexpensive place to stay in Baltimore, MD.

In any event, this somber building with the dark mahogany, polished stairs, the ancient wall paper, the oil paintings of dead people (in which the eyes seemed to come alive and watch us) all looked like a Scooby kind of place. It was great. Our windows were tall, the paint cracking, the floor squeaky.

The decor was original 1800's or so, and it seemed dark in every room. The check-in area with antiqued furniture was amazing. It was too hot to have the marble fireplaces running, but the mirrors above them, their elaborate mantles, the chandelier, provided a fun backdrop.

dive said...

Cool! if a little spooky.

singleton said...

Isn't that funny about middle names, as if we just borrowed them for our childhoods? I wonder what our girls will do?
PS Here's wishing you well.....And no more trips to John Hopkins!
peace~love my friend

Katherine said...

I am quite sure my eldest will shave her head bald, wear big earrings, and change her name to something like "Cheetah."

Thanks, S. No, no more trips to Hopkins, thank God. Both kids have been diagnosed and stablized and are doing better all around.