Saturday, March 1, 2008

Remembering September 21, 2002

Pulling out the wedding pictures, remembering that beautiful day at Placid Bay, Colonial Beach, the day hubby and I sewed our lives together...the perfect sky, the warm sun, the homemade cake, music, and food, the dresses my mother-in-law made me and the girls, my family visiting for the event, how little my girls, nieces, and nephew were, how Hubby's entire family contributed to making, baking, arranging.....how fortunate we are....

Left: Hubby, I and the girls with our new family.
Middle: Mommy, my Maid of Honor, and I.
Right: Hubby dressing for the water in goggles. (NO he didn't wear them during the ceremony!)


Hubby isn't too happy I am posting the pic of me dressing him in my veil. But it's payback for him wearing the goggles.

We were married by the water, less than a quarter mile from my in-laws' house. Married almost 50 years, they are role models and family anyone would be envious of.

Hubby and I had our first date March 15, 2001. Seven years together, five and half of them married. Time wears wings.

Here's to our family and decades of love!

2 comments:

Kate said...

What great pictures! I often forget to come over and pay you a visit on this blog. I need to do it more often.

Katherine said...

Glad you like it! This is my more relaxing blog. It's the next best thing to scrapbooking.